- 2 (3 oz) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 oz) package frozen sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 oz) package unbaked cheesecake mix
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in fruit and nuts. Pour half of gelatin mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan and chill until firm. Store remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature.
Prepare cheesecake filling according to directions (reserve graham cracker crumbs for other uses.) Spoon cheesecake filling over congealed fruit and mixture. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over filling and chill until firm.
Yields about 18 servings.