This complicated disease requires a ration of more protein and less fat than normal. Your veterinarian may prescribe pancreatic enzyme powder as a supplement to your recipes.
Animals suffering from this disease should be fed two to four times per day in moderate amounts. Skim-milk powder along with vitamin-mineral supplements are added to most recipes for diabetic dogs.
- 4 oz of lightly boiled lean ground beef
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
To the mixture, add:
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked carrots
- 1/4 cup cooked green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon skim-mix powder
- Prescribed amounts of vitamin-mineral supplement
Mix well and fed warm.