Hepatic conditions will affect every tissue in the body, and particular attention must be paid to the dog’s diet. Recipes should contain:
- Protein in minimal amounts
- Tat in small amoutns
- Carbohydrates in high amounts
- Extra amounts of B complex along with vitamins A, D, E, and K.
A Liver Disease Diet
- 4 oz lean cooked beef
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dicalcium phosphate
- Vitamin-mineral supplement high in B complex and vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Feed warm and refrigerate unused portions for the next day’s feeding.