What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; saute green pepper and onion 4 to 5 minutes, or just until veggies start to soften. Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes more, or until no pink remains in the beef. Drain liquid from skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, rice, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon into baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 25 minutes, remove foil, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.