What You Will Need
- 1 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) loaf plain rye bread, unsliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sliced scallions (7 to 8)
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut top off bread loaf, about 1/3 of the way down; set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1 inch of bread around edges. Cut bread that was removed from the inside into 1-inch cubes; spread out on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until well blended. Spoon mixture into hollowed-out loaf and replace top of loaf. Double-wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes. Place bread cubes in oven during the last 15 minutes of baking, until crisp. Serve fondue with toasted bread cubes for dipping.