- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 6 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste (may grind fresh)
Stir liquid until sugar dissolves and pour over following vegetables. (Mixture may be heated — just until sugar dissolves).
- 1 head cauliflower, break into small flowerets
- 3 or 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 can French style green beans
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 can white shoe peg corn
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced thin
- 1 can tiny peas (peti pois)
- Small jar pimento, chopped
- 1 large can whole mushrooms
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
Drain canned vegetables and pour mixture over them.
Let stand at least 24 hours before serving.
Makes 1 gallon.
Keeps refrigerated up to one month.