Helen Story, B.H.S.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted olives (optional)
On large skillet, cook ground beef and the onion till beef is browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning mix into meat mixture; heat through. Remove from heat.
Beat eggs; stir in milk. Add a small amount of the tomato sauce mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. Return all to skillet. Stir in kidney beans, the 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and the crushed taco shells. Turn into a 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° about 30 minutes. Top with lettuce, 1/2 cup cheese, tomato, and olives. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting squares.