Helen Story, B.H.S.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (10 oz) can hot enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp American cheese (4 oz)
- 1 Tbsp instant minced onion
- 1 (6 oz) package corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp American cheese (2 oz)
In skillet, brown ground beef; drain off fat. Stir in drained beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, the 1 cup shredded cheese, and instant minced onion. Set aside 1 cup of the corn chips; coarsely crush remaining chips. Stir crushed chips into meat mixture.
Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes.
Spoon sour cream atop casserole. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle reserved chips around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.