Helen Matthews, Linville High School
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) butter, melted
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) margarine, melted
- 3 to 4 oz (3/8 to 1/2 cup) Worcestershire® sauce
- 1 tsp ground rosemary
- 2 tsp Tabasco®
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lemons (2 juiced, 2 sliced)
- 5 to 6 lb raw shrimp in shells
Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the lemon slices and the shrimp. Pour about 1/2 cup sauce to cover the bottom of a large baking dish and then arrange layers of shrimp and lemon slices until you come almost to the top of the dish. Leave 1 inch. Pour remainder sauce over shrimp and lemon slices.
Bake, uncovered, stirring once or twice, until shrimp are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with hot French bread.
Serves 8 to 10.