Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham
Southern-Style Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham is an easy, one pot recipe that makes a hardy side or one pot meal.
Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins. Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 4 servings as meal; 8 servings as a side
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups fully cooked diced ham
- 2 pounds fresh greens beans washed, trimmed, and cut
- 1 pound small red potatoes leave whole and remove a strip of peeling from the center
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled and left whole
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add ham and cook until slightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in a small amount of water and stir until all browned bits are loosened from the bottom of the pan.
- Add green beans, potatoes, and onion.
- Add salt. Cover with water.
- Cover and cook on medium low until tender.