- 2 lbs gold potatoes (I use Yukon gold)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease or drippings
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch mixed with 1/3 c cold water
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Peel & cut potatoes in 1 inch cubes or pieces
- Place in large pan, add bacon grease, 1 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cover with water & boil until tender.
- Remove potatoes, whisk in cream of chicken soup, add Cornstarch mixture; whack & bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes back in.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with hot cornbread or crackers. Optional: bacon bits, cheese & sour cream