- 1 cake mix of your choice ( I used yellow)
- 1 15 ounce can of drained fruit of your choice (I used Peaches)
- 1 15 ounce can of fruit of our choice with juice (I used Peaches)
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple (I have also used pineapple chunks or tidbits)
- 1 stick of butter cut into small cubes
Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Dump in your drained and un-drained fruit as well as the pineapple with juice. Sprinkle cake mix on top and evenly spread out. Arrange cubed butter on top of cake mix and evenly distribute. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes until browned and bubbly. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Top with whipped cream or Ice cream. Enjoy.
This is better the next day and I like it when it is room temperature after the flavors have had time to marry. Try different combinations. Use Chocolate cake mix and canned pears or canned mandarin oranges. Maybe a pineapple cake mix and pineapples and coconut. Your imagination is your only limit. This is the way I have made it and we all like it. Like I said, we have tried it with canned pie filling but it really isn’t as good as the canned fruit and you avoid all that extra sugar and high fructose corn syrup! I hope you try this and I hope you enjoy it!
Until next time, See Ya!