Peggy Ginn, F.H.S.
- 1 baked 9 inch pastry pie shell, cooled
- 1 1/3 cup (15 oz) can Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup Borden’s® heavy cream
- 1/4 confectioners sugar
- Toasted coconut
- In top of double boiler, mix Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook over rapidly boiling water, stirring often, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in half the nutmeats. Turn filling into pie shell. Sprinkle remaining nutmeats on filling. Cool to room temperature.
- In small mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold in confectioners sugar. Pile on top of filling. Garnish with coconut. Chill.
Makes a 9 inch pie.
Makes 7-8 servings.