Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen from Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube.
- 4 to 5 pounds Tomatoes, I used Roma and some Hot House. Any good Ripe Tomato. (cut out the core and slice in half)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, deseeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- a Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
Put all the ingredients onto a sheet pan and roast in the oven 450 degrees F or 232 C for 30 minutes. I then broiled mine long enough to blister the tomatoes. Place into a stock pot and add 2 tablespoons butter, 2 bay leaves and 1 quart (4 cups) of chicken stock or broth. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes to condense the liquid. Remove the bay leaves and immersion blend the soup to your desired consistency. Then add 1/2 to 3/4 cup Heavy Cream and enjoy! Serve with a drizzle of pesto (recipe follows) on top and extra parmesan.
ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER & SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup jarred Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Put all ingredients into a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender to cream them together to make a pesto to your desired consistency.