Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube.
Sock It To Me Cake
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) (250 ml) Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Oil
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) Pecans
Combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and vanilla. Blend well. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each. Pour 1/2 batter in buttered tube pan. Sprinkle filling over batter. Add other half batter. Bake 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C for 45 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temp.
- 1 cup (220 ml) Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons / 1 fl ounce / 30 ml Milk
- 2 ounces Cream cheese for Mardi Gras Flavor
Sprinkle with Purple, Gold, and Green Sugar crystals.