Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube.
- 6 to 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chicken boiled and deboned
- 1-1/2 cup (204) grams ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 teaspoon (3grams) SALT
- 1/2 cup (118 grams) (4 ounces) CHICKEN BROTH
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) VEGETABLE OR CORN OIL
Mix dry ingredients then add the liquid. stir to bring together and roll out onto a floured surface very thin, 1/8″ thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 1-1/2 inch X 3″ rectangles.
MILK AND BUTTER FOR FINISHING.
Boil and debone chicken. Strain broth. Bring broth to a boil and add dumplings a few at a time and let rise to the top before adding more. cook for five minutes after adding the last dumpling. Turn on low and add the cooked, chopped chicken, a few tablespoons of butter and a pour of milk. let warm and serve. I make cornbread and peas to accompany them.