Mary Crain, R.B.S.
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 (14 fl oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon or lime rind
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice
- 5 1/4 cup (12 oz) Birds Eye Cool Whip® whipped topping, thawed
- 2 2/3 cups (7 oz) Baker’s Angel Flake® coconut
- Fresh or canned fruit (Suggested fruit: 1 (11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained; 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries; 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced)
Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of 9 inch square pan. Combine milk, rind and juice in large bowl. Fold in 3 1/2 cups whipped topping and 1 1/2 cups coconut. Spread half the mixture over crumbs. Arrange a layer of fruit; spread on remaining mixture. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Chill at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Top with remaining whipped topping.
Makes 9 servings.