Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube.
DIRTY RICE Quick & Easy
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) BUTTER
- 1 package (10 ounces) Frozen SEASONING BLEND (bell pepper, onion, celery & parsley)
- 1 teaspoon prechopped GARLIC
- 1 pound HAMBURGER MEAT SALT & PEPPER
- 1 teaspoon POULTRY SEASONING
- 1/4 teaspoon CAYENNE PEPPER
- 2 Cups BEEF BROTH
- 2 cups INSTANT RICE
- 3 to 4 GREEN ONIONS, chopped
- Dash of LOUISIANA HOT SAUCE (or your favorite brand)
Melt BUTTER into a pan on medium heat. Add SEASONING BLEND and GARLIC. Sprinkle with SALT & PEPPER to season this layer and let cook for a few minutes to soften the veggies. Add HAMBURGER MEAT and 1 teaspoon of SALT. Brown with the veggies. Spoon out any grease rendered. This would be the time to add chicken livers too if you want. Then add BEEF BROTH, INSTANT RICE, POULTRY SEASONING and CAYENNE. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low for five minutes. Turn off heat and let rest covered for 5 more minutes. Add the dash of LOUISIANA HOT SAUCE to taste and the chopped GREEN ONIONS and stir to incorporate.
SERVE & ENJOY!