Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube.
IRISH GUINNESS BROWN SODA BREAD RECIPE
- 2-1/2 cups WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- 1/4 cup ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 cup OATS plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2-1/4 teaspoons BREAD (BAKING) SODA
- 1-1/2 teaspoon SALT
Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl mix the following ingredients.
- 1/4 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 11 to 12 ounce GUINNESS STOUT
- 1 cup BUTTERMILK
- 4 tablespoons IRISH BUTTER, melted, Kerrygold
- 1 EGG
- 2 tablespoons BLACK TREACLE (MOLASSES)
Stir the liquid ingredients together and pour into the dry. Mix until incorporated only not to overmix. Pour into a buttered 9 X 6 loaf pan. Bake at 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pan 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Enjoy a slice with some IRISH STEW, butter & Jam, or make a sandwich with it.