Dorothy Byrnside, FMS
- 5 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled (about 15 medium size)
- 4 medium green peppers (unseeded)
- 4 medium peeled onions
- 1 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely chop vegetables. Combine in large saucepan with vinegar and a mixture of remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook slowly, uncovered, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until sauce is of desired thickness. Stir occasionally.
- Ladle right away, into hot sterilized jars and seal. Store in cool place.
- Makes about 4 pints.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: