Mama Sue’s Southern Kitchen
- 1/3 of a roll of breakfast sausage
- 1 – 2 TBS bacon grease
- 4 TBS (1/4 cup) all purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cold water (you may add more if gravy is too thick)
- Put iron skillet on stove to heat.
- Add the sausage and break into small pieces.
- Brown like you would if it were ground beef.
- Add 1 – 2 TBS bacon grease depending on how much grease the sausage had.
- Add the flour gradually and stir as you are adding. You will want this to be a light brown color.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Add the water a cup at a time stirring constantly. You add water until gravy is the consistency you want.