Avistine Kendrix, FHS
- Vegetable oil
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts (1 lb) cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium size carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 oz mushrooms, quartered (1 cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In 12 inch skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil; add chicken. Cook stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken to bowl; set aside. In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Add cooked chicken, peas, butter, wine and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low: cover and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.