Essie Andrews, FHS
- 2 whole large chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sherry
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 (20 oz) can chunk pineapple in syrup
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
About 30 minutes before serving:
- Cut each chicken breast in halves; cut across width of each half into 1/8 inch thick slices. In bowl, stir chicken and next 3 ingredients.
- In skillet over medium high heat, in hot oil, cook vegetables until tender-crisp; remove.
- In drippings over high heat, cook chicken mixture until tender, stirring frequently. Return vegetables to skillet; add pineapple with syrup, vinegar and salt.
- In cup, stir water and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cook until sauce is thickened and smooth, stirring.
Makes 4 main dish servings. About 260 calories per serving.