Addie Ringo, Downsville High
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Crumble ground beef into 2 quart casserole. Add onion. Microwave at HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Drain meat. Microwave peas and carrots 3 1/2 minutes or until defrosted in 10 ounce package. Mix all ingredients except potatoes and cheese in casserole. Stir cheese into hot potatoes and top meat mixture.
Cover and microwave 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes.