Essie Andrews, FHS
- 1 (8 to 8 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
- Light brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
About 1 1/2 hours before serving:
- In saucepan over medium heat, cook pineapple with its juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter until thick; remove from heat.
- In bowl, blend 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butted and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Preheat over to 350°F. Grease 9×9 inch baking pan. In large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter until fluffy. Add sour cream, remaining ingredients and 1 1/2 cups flour; beat at low speed until blended. Beat at medium 3 minutes; spoon into pan.
- Bake 20 minutes; top with pineapple and crumb mixture.
Makes 9 servings. About 415 calories per serving.
******At the end of the recipe it says: Bake 20 minutes; top with pineapple and crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes; Makes 9 servings. About 415 calories per serving.