Helen Matthews, Linville High
- 1 package butter yellow cake mix
- 2 2/3 cup coconut
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cup milk
- 1 (4 oz) vanilla pudding mix (instant)
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 oz) non-dairy whipped topping
Prepare cake mix as directed: add 1 1/3 cups coconut after beating. Bake in greased and floured 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan or 9×13 inch pan. Bake at 350° until done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan on serving plate. Beat cream cheese to soften, gradually blend in milk. Add pudding mix. Beat for 2 minutes on low speed.
Spread over cake. Spoon pineapple over pudding. Spread whipped topping over pineapple. Sprinkle remaining coconut.
Chill; store in refrigerator.