Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube
VEGETARIAN BURRITO IN A BOWL
- 1 (3.5 oz.) boil-in-bag BROWN RICE
- 2 tablespoons OLIVE OIL
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CUMIN
- 3 to 4 GARLIC CLOVES, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1 (15 oz.) can BLACK BEANS, partially drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped CHIPOTLE CHILIES in adobo sauce
- 1 cup chopped GRAPE TOMATOES
- 1 small ONION, chopped, any kind you like
- 1/4 cup FRESH CILANTRO, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoon FRESH LIME JUICE
- 1 JALAPENO, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups very thinly sliced, RED CABBABE (OH HOW I WANT TO CALL THIS PURPLE)
- 3 ounces QUESO FRESCO, crumbled
- 1 AVOCADO, peeled and sliced
Cook brown rice according to directions and drain. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons OLIVE OIL to the pan. Add CUMIN and GARLIC and cook about 30 seconds stirring to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Stir in rice and a pinch of SALT. Put into a bowl and set aside.
Next partially drain the black beans. Place into the skillet you cooked the rice mixture in and add the chipotle chilies. Cook a few minutes on low to heat thru.
Combine TOMATOES, ONION, CILANTRO, 1 tablespoon LIME JUICE, JALAPENO and a pinch of SALT in a bowl and toss to combine.
In a bowl toss the CABBAGE, 1 teaspoon OLIVE OIL and 1-1/2 teaspoons LIME JUICE. Serve with LIME wedges.
Spoon into shallow bowls the following:
- 1/2 cup RICE,
- 1/3 cup BEANS,
- 1/3 cup TOMATO,
- 1/3 cup CABBAGE,
- 3 tablespoons QUESO (cheese),
- 1/4 AVOCADO.
(APPOXIMATELY 380 calories, 18 grams TOTAL FAT, 44g CARBS, 4g SUGAR, 10g FIBER, 13g PROTIEN)