Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube
ONE-SHEET- PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH SALSA VERDE
- 2 tablespoons OLIVE OIL
- 2 BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- 1 teaspoon FAJITA SEASONING
- 1 pound TOMATILLOS, husked and rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 large YELLOW ONION, sliced
- 2 JALAPENOS, stemmed and seeded
- 3 cloves GARLIC, peeled
- 1 large LIME, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup FRESH CILANTRO, or 1/8 cup DRIED CILANTRO
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT BLACK PEPPER to taste
- 1 RED, 1 YELLOW and 1 GREEN BELL PEPPER, cut into strips
- 1 JALAPENO, cut into strips
- 1 cup GRAPE TOMATOES
- 2 to 4 FLOUR TORTILLAS, warmed
- QUESO FRESCO, crumbled
- FRESH CILANTRO, chopped and LIME WEDGES for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F – 190 C.
Line 2 sheet pans with foil for easy clean up. Divide the OLIVE OIL between them. Place the CHICKEN on one pan. Season each piece of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon FAJITA seasoning. On the other pan place the TOMATILLOS, half the ONION, JALAPENOS, GARLIC , LIME HALVES and sprinkle with SALT. Roast both pans in the oven for 25 minutes. Broil the pan with the tomatillos for 5 minutes if you desire some browned bits of flavor too.
Place the roasted tomatillos, onion, jalapenos and garlic into a blender. Squeeze the roasted LIME halves into the blender. Season with a pinch of SALT and PEPPER to taste. Blend until smooth and set aside.
Slice the chicken into strips and place in a bowl. Toss the chicken strips with half of the tomatillo salsa. Spread the chicken strips back out onto the baking sheet pan. Fill the other half of the pan with the onion and bell pepper strips, jalapeno pieces and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle SALT and PEPPER on the veggies. Place into the oven on BROIL FOR 5 minutes. Toss the chicken and veggies over and BROIL another 5 minutes. Serve on warm flour tortillas with extra tomatillo salsa. And be sure to crumble QUESO FRESCO on them too. Squeeze fresh lime and top with fresh cilantro if desired. Any remaining SALSA VERDE can be enjoyed with chips as well.