Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube
- 1 POUND TOMATILLOS, husked, rinsed and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon OILIVE OIL
- 1 medium YELLOW ONION, sliced
- 2 JALAPENOS, stemmed and seeded
- 3 cloves GARLIC, peeled
- 1 LIME, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh CILANTRO, or 2 teaspoons DRIED CILANTRO
- SALT and PEPPER to your taste
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F – 190 degrees C.
On a baking sheet covered in foil place all of the above except the cilantro onto a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Then broil for 5 minutes to brown some bits of the veggies. Place all but the lime halves into a blender. Squeeze the lime halves into the blender. Place the cilantro and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Enjoy on your favorite tacos or enjoy with chips!