Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen From Union Parish
Amy lives in Union Parish and can be found at Amy’s Louisiana Kitchen on YouTube
MEMORIAL DAY POKE CAKE💓🤍💙
- 2 – 8 INCH OR 9 INCH round WHITE CAKES or YELLOW CAKES, baked according to package directions(I add an extra egg, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and milk instead of water)
- 1 large package INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING, (prepared with 2-1/2 cups MILK)
- 1 small package BERRY BLUE JELLO
- 1 small package RASPBERRY JELLO
- 1 small container MARSHMALLOW CREME
- 1 EXTRA LARGE CONTAINER COOP WHIP (add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- small container of FRESH BLUE BERRIES, washed
- small container of FRESH RASPBERRIES, washed
Poke holes into the round cakes with a handle of a wooden spoon. Divide the pudding into 2 bowls. Add the blue jello package to one bowl and stir. Add the red jello package to the other bowl and stir. Divide the small container of marshmallow creme into the 2 bowls as well and stir until smooth. Slowly pour some of the blue mixture onto one of the cake rounds to fill the holes. Slowly pour the red mixture onto the other cake round to fill the holes. Place one cake on top of the other and ice with the cool whip. Then decorate the top as you please with the fresh blueberries and raspberries.
Keep this cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Is a good cake for any time you want to serve a red, white and blue cake.
July 4th would be a great time because this cake is nice and cool.