Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream cinnamon and peanuts (optional)
In a small bowl, soften gelatin in water; let stand for 2 minutes. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir apple juice, sugar, egg yolks, and gelatin mixture until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Chill until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Fold in cream. Pour into an ungreased 9 inch springform pan. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
In a saucepan over medium heat, brown peanuts in butter for 2 minutes. Add applesauce, brown sugar, and cinnamon; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool. Spread over top of cheesecake. If desired, garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings.