Nellie Brashier, Ophelia Autrey
Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 (22 oz ) can cherries or blueberry pie filling
- 1 white cake mix, regular size dry
- 3/4 cup pecans (halves or smaller)
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
Grease with Pam® or vegetable oil in a 9×12 inch Pyrex baking dish. Pour pie filling in bottom, followed by cake mix. Pyrex baking dish. Pour pie filling bottom, followed by cake mix. Sprinkle nuts on top. Add melted margarine or butter. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool before serving. Serve in individual dessert bowls topped with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Serves about 12.