Rose Mary Feazel
Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drain and save juice
- 1 3/4 oz package Chile seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water or bean juice
- 15 oz can Hunts special tomato sauce
Crumble beef in a 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam®. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Separate onion slices into rings. Layer the onion rings on top of the meat, then the drained beans. Combine chile mix with bean juice, stir until smooth. Pour chile mixture over beans then pour special tomato sauce over this. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I like to serve this casserole with corn on the cob, green salad, and Mexican cornbread.