Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped-minced
- 1/2 cup liquid Butter Buds®
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (Healthy Request®)
- 1 cup cream of celery soup (Healthy Request®)
- 1 lb crawfish tails
- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire® sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Tony’s® seasonings to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small can evaporated skim milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté all vegetables in liquid Butter Buds®. Add garlic, soups, seasoning, parsley, and crawfish tails. In separate bowl, blend cornstarch and milk, the add to mixture. Cook over medium heat until well blended (10 minutes) stirring constantly. Take off heat and add bread crumbs. Mix well. Fill 2 pie shells evenly. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional information – servings: 175 calories, 6 gm fat. *For crawfish pasta sauce. delete bread crumbs and serve mixture over fettuccini noodles for great crawfish fettuccini.