Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 3/4 lb lean ground meat or ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 can water
- 1 tsp sugar (or Sweet & Low)
- 4 heaping Tbsp rice, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown meat and onion; add green onions and bell pepper. Drain. Mix sauce, sugar, water, and rice. Place layer of cabbage (about 1 inch thick) in 9×12 inch casserole that has been sprayed with Pam®. Sprinkle salt and pepper over cabbage. Spread meat mixture in a layer over cabbage. Pour soup mixture over top; cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings (220 calories, 4 1/2 gram fat, 2 meats, 1 1/2 veg., 1/4 bread, 1 fat-beef.