Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, trim fat
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (3 cups)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 8 oz fresh spinach leaves
Partially freeze beef; slice thinly across the grain into bite-size strips. In wok or large skillet, cook half the beef in hot oil until browned on all sides. Remove from pay. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic; remove from pan. Add mushrooms, cabbage, green pepper strips, onions rings, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and red pepper to wok. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender. Return beef to wok, add tomato. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat vegetable mixture to serving bowl. Keep warm. Add spinach leaves to wok, cover and cook for 1 minute or until slightly wilted. To serve, arrange spinach on 4 bowls or plates; spoon meat mixture over spinach.
Yield: 4 servings. Calories: 337 per serving. Exchanges: 4 meat, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat. Cholesterol: 96 Mg, SG: 4 Gm; Sodium: 607 Mg: PRO: 38 Gm; CHO: 8 Gm; Fat: 17 Gm.