Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint chicken broth
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 8 oz light Velveeta® cheese
- 1 small can tomato juice (you can substitute a can of Rotel® tomatoes for spicier taste or omit if you don’t like tomato taste)
Boil chicken and cut into small pieces. Sauté vegetables in Pam®. Cook pasta; drain. In large boiler add broth add broth, soup, vegetable, pasta, chicken and tomato juice (if desired). Cube cheese and add. Heat until cheese melts, stirring frequently. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 8 servings (3 meat, 2 1/4 bread, 1/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat).