Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (7 oz) package ready-cut spaghetti
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large skillet, brown beef and onions; drain. Stir in uncooked spaghetti and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until melted.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.