Farmerville First Baptist Church Sesquicentennial Cookbook 1847-1997
- 1 lb chicken cubed (or Healthy Choice ground beef)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 4 oz bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
Cook chicken, onions, bell pepper, and garlic until done.
- 14 oz can Pinto beans
- 14 oz Trappey® pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 1 cab Rotel® tomatoes, diced
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 large can white hominy, drained
- 1 large can yellow whole kernel corn
- 4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- Red or cayenne pepper to taste
Mix remaining ingredients and bring to boil, then simmer for 1 hour. Let stand 3 to 4 hours before serving for improved flavor.
Serves 8 (2 cups servings; 2 meat, 2 bread, 1 vegetable, 1 fat (beef) exchanges).