Jeanette Price Vaughan
Don’t laugh — this is very good!
- 1 (6 oz) package cornbread mix, prepared and baked or 1 skillet of your favorite cornbread recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 12 strips bacon, cooked and crumbles
Crumble half of cornbread into bottom of large serving bowl. In another bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion, pickles, and bacon. Spoon half of the vegetable mixture over the cornbread in bowl. Stir together the mayonnaise and pickle juice. Spread half of this over the vegetables. Then repeat layering with cornbread, vegetables and dressing on top. Cover tightly and chill 2 – 3 hours before serving. This keeps a long time in the refrigerator.