Cliff and Jackie Price
- 1 box Duncan Hines® white cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 box Strawberry Jello® (small)
- 3/4 cup Crisco® oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed fresh strawberries or 1/2 of 10 oz frozen strawberries
Mix above ingredients in large bowl. Beat well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 20 minutes. in three 9″ cake pans. Cool layers and frost.
- 1 box confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
Mix in bowl adding strawberries a little at a time so frosting will not get too thin. (You may not use all the strawberries). Need medium thickness on icing. Put between layers.