Mable Price Robison
- 2 cup Chocolate Oreo Cookies®, crushed
- 1 cup melted butter or margarine
Blend cookies and butter; spread evenly in 10 inch pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 can evaporated milk (6 oz)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Spread softened ice cream into cooled pie shell and freeze until firm.
Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler. Stir in sugar, add evaporated milk. Stir until slightly thickened. Add vanilla and pecans. Cool, then pour over ice cream in pie shell. Top with whipped cream and freeze.
Server 8 – 10.