Mary Ruth Price
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (6 oz) package Nestle Toll House® semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- whipped cream or ice cream
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large mixer bowl, beat eggs at high speed until foamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in softened butter. Stir in walnuts and chocolate morsels. Pour into pie shell. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean, and top is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Note: If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style, thaw completely. Place on cookie sheet. Increase baking time by 10 minutes.