- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine first 3 ingredients. Add softened butter, blending well. Press into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
Combine next 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until smooth; pour over flour mixture. Bake 325° for 35 to 40 minutes: cool in pan. Cut into 1 inch squares.
Yield: about 7 dozen.