- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 (1 ounce) squares sweet baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water; cool.
Combine eggs and 1 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy stir in flour, walnuts, and cooled chocolate. Spread mixture in a greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Combine powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, whipping cream, and peppermint extract. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly over baked layer; cover and chill 1 hour or until firm.
Melt sweet chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler over simming water; stir in vanilla, and drizzle over peppermint layer. Cut into 1 inch squares.
Yield: about 7 dozen.