- 1 (4-ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened and divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Melt chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring constantly. Let cool.
Beat 2 eggs in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract, stirring well.
Combine 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir in reserved chocolate mixture and pecans. Pour batter into a well-greased 9-inch square baking pan, reserving 1 cup batter.
Cream remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl: gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg; beat well. Add remaining flour and vanilla, stirring well. Spread evenly over chocolate batter in pan.
Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls onto cream cheese batter; swirl to marble. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool; cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
Yield: 3 dozen.