Bars and Squares
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly paced light brown sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Spread in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Cut into 2×1 inch bars; cool on wire racks.
Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen.