Bars and Squares
- 11 whole graham crackers (4 1/2 x2 1/4 inches), broken into squares
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
Arrange graham cracker squares in a single layer in a 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan. Set aside.
Combine butter and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon and pecans. Pour mixture over graham crackers, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Cool 5 minutes; separate cookies, and transfer to waxed paper-lined cookie sheets, using a spatula. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens. Store cookies between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Yield: about 2 dozen.