Bars and Squares
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Melt butter in a large saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice, flour mixture, pecans, and chocolate morsels; blend well. Spread batter in a greased 12x8x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Cut into 1 1/2 – inch squares while warm, and cool completely in pan.
Yield: about 3 dozen.