Bars and Squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
Combine 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture evenly into a 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Combine eggs. 1 cup sugar, lemon rind, and juice in a medium mixing bowl; beat well. Combine 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture, stirring well. Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Sprinkle lightly with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Let cool, and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Store in airtight containers.
Yield: 3 dozen.